Service Sales Engineer/Service Account Representative
FLSA Classification: Exempt
40 Hours (7:30 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.)
Full-Time Employee Overtime: TBD
Automated Building Systems, Inc. (ABS) is a leading Energy Management Systems contractor and is the authorized Alerton EMS Dealer for all of
Southern New England. ABS has been providing best-in-class products and exceptional customer service for over 34 years throughout Connecticut,
Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Rhode Island.
ABS is looking to hire a Service Sales Engineer/Service Account Representative for our Glastonbury, Connecticut location. The qualified candidate’s primary responsibility will be to sell service agreements, small projects to our existing customer base within a defined sales territory (west of the Connecticut River to the New York state line) and assist with project coordination as required. The qualified candidate will interface with customers, sales engineers, service technicians, parts coordinator, and management to fulfill the needs of our Service Agreement customers. Service Agreement sales and small projects sales is the primary responsibility, while providing sales assistance, part quotes, project management, controls design, and system upgrade projects for Service Agreement customers.
- Work harmoniously with other internal departments, finance and accounting, engineering, material ordering, service department and construction operations.
- Supervises subcontractors and suppliers.
- The primary responsibility will be to sell service agreements and small projects to existing Alerton Controls customers.
- Learn and become highly proficient in how to use the estimating tools, proposal forms, service agreement proposals, sales forecasting reports, job booking procedures.
- Interface with parts department, operations groups (service and construction groups) and other ABS internal departments.
- Initiates sales process by securing scheduled appointments, making initial presentations, developing sales opportunities that will benefit both the customer interest and ABS’s interest.
- Develop project proposals and supporting documentation for presentation to customers using ABS format.
- Become an expert on the technical aspects of the Alerton Controls product line and associated products that ABS uses.
- Become associated and participate consistently with related professional organizations in the HVAC field (BOMA, ASHREA, EEI, etc.).
- Manage monthly reporting of sales opportunities/quotes, successful monthly sales reports/booking forms, service agreement booking information, annual renewal of service agreement and other internal procedures.
- Participate in “job turnover meetings” with ABS engineering group and operations group on all new projects sold.
- Coordinate ABS’s subcontractors for pricing and final negotiations of subcontractor’s scope of work and pricing.
- Strong communication, verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to handle highly confidential information.
- Knowledge of the HVAC and building automation controls.
- Computer skills required Microsoft Office products (Excel, Outlook, Word).
- Professional and motivated.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Paid Holidays, Paid Sick, 401K
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer