FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
32 Hours – TBD
Full-Time Employee Overtime: None
Automated Building Systems, Inc. (ABS) is a leading Energy Management Systems contractor and is the authorized Alerton EMS Dealer for all Southern New England. ABS has been providing best-in-class products and exceptional customer service for over 30 years throughout Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Rhode Island.
ABS is looking to hire a payroll coordinator for our Glastonbury, Connecticut location. The qualified candidate should have an extensive background in payroll, with experience in the construction industry. Specifically, the candidate should have knowledge of prevailing wage payroll calculations and all related reporting. This position is responsible for the weekly and bi-weekly payroll process and all associated certified payroll reports. The Payroll Coordinator is also responsible for all new hire/termination paperwork filing and payroll deduction changes as well as tracking all PTO requests.
- Process weekly and bi-weekly payroll
- Process certified payroll reports
- Maintain all subcontract certified payroll reports
- Process OCIP and CCIP reporting
- Process HSA and 401(k) deposits
- Maintain PTO log
- Maintain prevailing wage rates in accounting system
- Maintain timekeeping system
- Maintain expirations of all electrical licenses and OSHA cards
- Add/term employees in accounting, payroll and timekeeping systems
- Maintain all deduction changes in accounting and payroll systems
- Monitor apprentice pay increase schedule
- Serve as backup to phones as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Ethical conduct
- Ability to handle highly confidential information
- Minimum two (2) years construction payroll experience
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written
- Computer skills required:
º Experience with Paychex and Foundation Software highly preferred
º Microsoft Office products (Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Must be self motivated, goal and results oriented, customer focused and efficient in fast paced environment.
- Must have high standards of quality with attention to detail.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Paid Holidays, Paid Sick, 401K
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer