HVAC Controls Application Engineer
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
7:00 A.M. to 3:30 P.M. – Monday thru Friday
Full-Time Employee Overtime: Occasional
The Application Engineer will develop drawing packages for new DDC projects as well as compiling close out documents
including as-built drawings. Other responsibilities include supporting engineers in researching part numbers and
manufacturers and assisting the Sales Team to develop system drawings in support of technical proposals. Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction and provide other graphic support as required. Five or more years of AutoCAD design experience and understanding of temperature control sequence of operations experience required.
▪ Organize and Prepare for Projects by collecting all needed project documentation; creating an organized job file per company guidelines, reviewing job scope with Sales & Project Management to make plan for project design.
▪ Create Controls Submittal Package by completing flow, wiring and controller diagrams, sequence of operation, bill of materials, valve and other needed schedules. Compile control drawings along with equipment data sheets.
▪ Coordinates Turnover of Controls Submittal Packages for Review with Project Management, Sales and Engineering Manager before submitting design package.
▪ Support Field Personnel During Installation with questions/concerns and update installation drawings as needed.
▪ Complete Close-Out Documentation by assembling As-Built documentation and preparing Operation and
Maintenance Manuals as needed.
▪ Must be able to read and interpret construction documents.
▪ Must have good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills for determining HVAC vs. computer/controller issues.
▪ Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written.
▪ Must be self-motivated, goal and results oriented, customer focused and efficient in fast paces environment.
▪ Maintain high standards of quality with attention to detail.
▪ The ability to work independently as well as on a project team.
▪ The ability to work on strict deadlines without constant supervision.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
▪ Minimum five (5) years of HVAC Controls design experience.
▪ The ability to use Microsoft Office products (Excel, Visio, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
▪ Knowledge of BACnet, Modbus and other BAS protocols.
▪ The ability to use PDF Software, primarily Adobe Acrobat.
▪ Five (5) or more years of recent experience using AutoCAD functions to produce control diagram drawings.
▪ Experience and understanding of HVAC Control System design.
▪ Choose from two medical plan options
▪ Paid Time Off
▪ Dental and Vision
▪ Basic Life and AD&D
▪ Voluntary Long and Short Term Disability
▪ 401(k) Retirement Plan
▪ Employee Referral Program
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer