Building Controls Service Technician
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
7:00 A.M. to 3:30 P.M. – Monday thru Friday
Full-Time Employee Overtime: Occasional
Automated Building Systems, Inc. (ABS) is a leading Energy Management
Systems contractor and is the authorized Alerton EMS Dealer for all of
Southern New England. ABS has been providing best-in-class products and
exceptional customer service for over 30 years throughout Connecticut,
Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Rhode Island.
As part of our growth strategy, ABS is investing in HVAC building controls service technicians for our Connecticut location. The qualified candidate will conduct preventative maintenance, repair, installation, and general servicing of environmental control systems. Responsible for high levels of customer satisfaction through direct, onsite, and customer interface.
- Provide service work for all types of HBAC controls equipment.
- Propose, plan, organize, and manage small service jobs.
- Develop and monitor schedules, cost and contractual commitments for assigned service jobs.
- Assist with material and equipment selection and ordering.
- Represent Energy Solutions in a responsive and professional manner to customers.
- Provide engineering support for projects as needed.
- Provide project programming and system checkout as required.
- Provide installation and service work as workload dictates.
- Understand and apply energy saving programming tools.
- Minimum two (2) years controls experience, and five (5) years HVAC related experience.
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written.
- Computer skills required
- Tridium AX certification highly preferred
- Microsoft Office products (Excel, Visio, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience with temperature control systems including Honeywell, Johnson Controls, Alerton, Trane and Siemens is a plus
- 4 year degree in Mechanical Engineering/Technology or Electrical Engineering Technology is a plus.
- Must be self-motivated, goal and results oriented, customer focused and efficient in fast paced environment.
- Must have high standards of quality with attention to detail.
- Must be effective in working with customers.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Paid Holidays, Paid Sick, 401K
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer